Monday, August 1, 2011

Let it begin!!

After talking about starting a makeup blog for... let's say... forever, I finally set one up!  I'm really excited to have some where to officially ramble about my beauty addiction.  Yay for me!

Let's see.. I guess for this first post I'll write a little about myself.  Hi, I'm Becky and I've always been fascinated with makeup.  When I was little I would drool over the vanity and makeup sets in the Sears catalog.  Any mall trips with my Grandma included a stop at the Hello Kitty store so that I could drool over the lip gloss.  Then, I graduated to the joy of the children's grocery store makeup (helloooo bright blue- I thought I looked amazing but my mom would never let me wear it outside of the house- thank you, mom!!).   Once I was able to buy my own makeup, I was still conservative with my choices but I loved that there was so many options.  Options!  I LOVE OPTIONS!!  

A few years ago I was introduced to the world of beauty blogs, youtube tutorials and Urban Decay Primer Potion and I've been seirously hooked ever since then.  I'm a stay-at-home mom who doesn't take herself to seriously and loves to laugh and ramble about things I adore.  I don't have any type of makeup artist certification or schooling although that is something I would love to look into more once Kaitlyn (my baby who's 3 1/2) is in school.  Everything I have learned is from reading and experimenting.  I do take the time to put on makeup pretty much every single day (even if it's a crazy day and I have to wait until 3 in the afternoon), I love that it's my 'me' time and I get the chance to be creative with using eye shadows and creating 'looks'.  I also love feeling more put together and ready to concur the world (again, even if it's a crazy day and I have to wait until 3 in the afternoon, hahaha)! 

I hope you'll follow along and please!!! send me any topics or questions you have at shadowsandshimmers@gmail.com  or leave comments!  I *love* comments! I'm sure you've heard this before but there really are no stupid questions and if you are wondering about something, chances are that someone else is also wondering.  Ask away!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I am your first follower and comment! Blog it up girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Kayleigh, I got this name from one of your suggestions a million years ago.. it was shadows, shimmers and savings.. I only didn't include the savings part because it made for a really long blog name lol Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you decided to do this FINALLY!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!!!!